Thursday, May 28, 2009

Making Some Progress...

As of yesterday, I am a mere 1 centimeter dilated, 50% effaced, and as soon as Dr. Pete began the exam, he immediately said "Oh boy, there's Baby's head!". Apparently Kane is just about as low as he can go (without coming out, of course), which would explain my constant peeing, waddling and the I-feel-like-I-could-burst-pressure.

As Dr. Pete was leaving the room, he made the comment that he "Just might see me before my appointment next week", which I blew off at first, but then came to realize he might truly think I'm about ready to pop! However, if Kane is nice and snug in there, Dr. Pete gladly offered me an induction around the 13th of June (give or take a couple days), since Kane appears to be fully developed (we even saw the little hair sprouts on his head on Friday via Ultrasound!!!).

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Come on Kane -- Daddy and I are ready for you!!

4 comments:

Aaron, Katie, Kylie & Ava said...

Before you know it, Kane will be snug as a bug in your arms! Hope delivery goes well for you!! I was 35 weeks pregnant when Kylie was born and 37 when Ava was born. Can't wait to see pictures of your little man!

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

WHOOT!!! :D I can't wait to meet that little man and smooch him up. Cru is ready to have a playmate! :D I' so glad you are making even progress...it's the pits going in there and having Dr. Pete say "see ya next week kiddo..." *&^%$#!!!!
:D Hugs!

Unknown said...

YEAH!
Katie! I can't wait to hear how things go! And see pictures of little Kane :)
Best wishes in these last few days - hang in there!

- Lea

Kate McKellar said...

Aw man, I thought I was the only one Dr. Pete called "kiddo!" Oh well, I still love him! Good luck, it's getting so close to baby time!!!