Saturday, September 20, 2008

Animal Festival 2008










There are very few things that I would wake up at 7am for on a Saturday morning...and the Animal Festival is definitely one of them. This is the Humane Society's biggest fundraiser of the year, and we had a tremendous turnout!! There were SO MANY DOGS!! From a 265lb. Mastiff named Mudge (picture above) to a 1lb. Chiuhuahua puppy, all dogs were happy as clams to be there. I recruited my wonderful sister Kellie to volunteer with me. :) We ran the Doggie Treat Toss had a blast. I also got a surprise visit from nieces Maddie and Gracie, my mom, Austin and Chester. Chester was supposed to take his Canine Good Citizen test today, but was too overwhelemed, so his certification is postponed for a little while. :)
From a Blessing of the Pets from a priest, to a Waggin-walk-a-Thon in memory/honor of pets, to a Bobbin' for Hotdogs game, to a pet fashion show....today was such a fun and memorable day.
A lot of animals are going to benefit from this event. :D
We all had fun, and I cannot wait until Animal Festival 2009!

1 comments:

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

Maddie had such a great time yesterday! She has talked about the doggies all morning. What a cool thing to be a part of. :) She also just did a little "fins up" to the song on here! :D Hugs girly.