Wednesday, May 14, 2008

God Bless, Grandpa Hosford

This morning Grandpa Hosford left us to go be with the love of his life (Grandma Hosford) again, along with his parents, brothers, etc. It's funny that I didn't realize just how much Grandpa taught me throughout my life until these past few days. He taught me a lot. The thing that I will remember the most about Grandpa is the love we both shared for animals. I heard many stories from Grandma Hos about him bringing home stray dogs when they lived on Kelsey street (and how mad she'd get at him)...sounds like something I did for years when I lived with my parents. I'll also remember being referred to as "Dolly" or "Kibby" by him since day one. And that my brothers, sister and I would bring him our report cards to "show" him...which always turned into a $20 reward becasue he was so proud of us. There are so many other fond memories of Grandpa that I could go on and on...

Grandpa never said a mean word to me or Austin, whom he loved as if he was his own grandson. When Austin would walk in the room, Grandpa eyes would light up, they would shake hands, and then they would talk for hours about anything and everything. We will remember all those talks we had with you, Grandpa, and I will remember all that you provided for me for the past 25 years. We love you, and we will miss you tremendously.

2 comments:

Deb Keller said...

Our deepest condolences to you and your family. Your grandpa sounds like a gem of a man, there is nothing better than the love and wisdom of a grandpa! May he rest in peace, knowing you will all be together one day.

May God's grace comfort you in the days ahead. Thinking of you, sweetie.

Love,
Deb & Dave

Aaron, Katie, Kylie & Ava said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa. Just treasure all of the memories you have with him and keep them close to you. We are thinking of you and your family.