Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Very "Lucky" Cat!




Well, two words to describe my mood today are happy and accomplished. I got to once again assist in finding a forever home for a shelter animal, which is ALWAYS a rewarding passion of mine. My Grandma Snellink asked me a couple of weeks ago to help her find a dog to keep her company, and when we (Mom, Grandma and I) went to look for a dog today at the Humane Society, we stumbled upon Lucky...the CAT! Grandma fell in love with her, and Lucky fell in love with Grandma! I am so glad I could help out with this new found friendship! Lucky is blind in one eye (as you can see from the pics), but otherwise a happy, healthy cat. She is very loving and affectionate. Overall, the words to describe seeing Lucky make Grandma so happy: Perfect Match. Lucky gets to come home to her new "forever home" on Tuesday after the vet makes sure she is actually spayed and she recieves her Rabies vacine. Lucky will definitely fill in some of the lonliness Grandma has encountered since Grandpa died in February. I think she'll also brighten Grandma's mood, therefore brightening each and every day. :) I'm just so happy for both Grandma and Lucky!!

2 comments:

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

Yeh!! That's so wonderful. What a perfect match is right.

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is so sweet!