Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bibler Update...

I was not going to post this, to be honest w/ you all, but I cannot sleep and thought "why not"? We could use the prayers...

I had my laparoscopy surgery yesterday and it actually went very, very well. I tend to prepare myself for the worst in situations, and am usually pleasantly surprised b/c things are not as bad as I imagine them to be! I feel OK except for my belly/incision being super sore, making it very hard to walk, go potty, cough (from breathing tube), etc. However, no pain in the shoulders like I was told to expect (from the injected gas), no more "getting sick" all over myself (sorry, Metro Hospial Staff!), no endometriosis found, and no significant scar tissue or cysts found. Dr. Pete (the most fabulous OB/GYN/Surgeon ever!) did, however, try his darndest to open up both tubes, but said one is permanently and indefinitely closed. That puppy just would not and will never open. He said I may have been born w/ it that way, or it could have developed that way throughout my life. He explained to Austin that we still have a "fair to good" chance of getting pregnant, but it will more than likely be with some "help" (as in an IUI or possibly in-vitro fertilization) and that I will probably not concieve the 'natural' way. But to be honest with you, I am being very, very optimistic, and whichever way I can physically get pregnant, we'll make it happen and we'll be happy!

I really want to thank my Mom and Austin for all the help and support yesterday at the hospital. Especially Austin, who has been my rock through this all. He is just so positive about things and so good to me...:) I saw more fear in his eyes than I had in my own until he saw me in recovery, which in turn resulted in a big smile. I'd also like to thank you ALL who have called, stopped over, and included us in thoughts and prayers. Please don't stop 'thinking' and 'praying' yet, though! You can take a break the day a happy and healthy Baby Bibler is born! Thanks again! Now I'm going to take more Vicodin and go back to bed...;)

6 comments:

Dan, Tracy, Gracelyn & Olivia said...

We are so thankful for all the good news Katie. The surgery is over and now you get to heal and find out whats next on the baby Bibler journey.We are thinking and praying for you often and can't wait until the day we have a cutie pie Bibler baby to love on and spoil like you do wuth Gracie and Maddie. Until then, remember how much your little neices love you and what a great auntie and uncle you guys are. God bless, we love you bunches. A big slobbery smooch from Gracie Rae (and a little spit up for uncle Aukin:)

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

Katie, we are thinking and praying always for you guys. We are so glad that the surgery went well, and have faith that you will be blessed a child someday. Know that we love you so, so much and are there for whatever you need. Many smooches for you and Aukin. :)

Unknown said...

I heard about your surgery from Trac and have been THINKIN' about you two so much! Im SO glad everything went really well Kate!
You'll make an incredible mommie someday!
- Lea

The Hansen's said...

Kate I am so glad everything went well, I think of you oten and all that you are going through! You and Austin will continue to be in my prayers until you are holding your little baby b in your arms! That day will come, just continue to trust in God's amazing plan!

Leticia said...

Katie~
You probably don't remember me, but I went to Rockford and graduated in 1999 (with Tracy - which is how I came across your blog). I just want you to know that you will both be in our prayers. I'm glad the surgery went well and hope you're recuperating.
I am inspired by your honesty and vulnerability. We have many friends who have gone through difficulties getting pregnant and in time they have all been blessed with children. Have faith, God will provide!

Anonymous said...

Katie~We had no idea that you were going through ALL that! You are definately in our thoughts and prayers! Take care of yourself! Love, the Heins and Schaaps