Saturday, May 19, 2007

I Did It!!!!! Relay for Life 2007



































































Well, I completed my 24-Hour walker duties for this years Relay for Life. I started at 3pm yesterday and finished at 11:30 am this morning, with only a 2.5 hour break from 3am to 5:30am. I banked all the rest of my break hours, so I got done "early" (people that took no break whatsoever got done at 9am)!! Yes, I feel like I have been hit by a Mack truck, but the pain is well worth the over $2,000,000 that was raised towards cancer research/cure!! I have many new additions to my feet (blisters galore) and JUST woke up (it's almost 10pm), but it was an experience of a lifetime...but probably the one and only time I will do this! I had so many wonderful friends and family come out to supoport me and walk w/ me in all hours of the day/night (I got pics of some). Thank you all who joined me, including Tom, Lauren and Maddie (Madds and Lauren walked w/ in my final laps while Tom got dunked in the frigid dunk tank!), Dan, Tracy and Gracie, Kellie, Mom, Austin, Tim, Michael, Grandma Snellink, Luke and Lisa, several familes/teachers from Lakes, the other two 24 hour walkers from Lakes (Chris and Marcy), not to mention all of the passer-by's that gave me support day and night!!


This one was for you, Grandpa!

4 comments:

The Hansen's said...

way to go Kate

Carlson's said...

Way to go Katie! It was good to see you so much last weekend. Friday, Saturday & Sunday! :) Hope you are feeling better from the walk.

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

We are so proud of you Katie!!! What a wonderful tribute to Grandpa. Love and Hugs

Unknown said...

That's awesome Kate! How big are the blisters????
Don't want to make that a yearly tradition!? ;o)
- Lea